2005 to Present Impattern Solutions, Inc. President
Impattern Solutions is an independent consultant practice specializing in strategic imprint process design and demonstration.
Expert Witness in over 20 patent litigation suits
2002 - 2005 Molecular Imprints, Inc. V.P. Engineering and V.P. Applications
Molecular Imprints (MII) is the only venture funded start up in nano-imprint technology. It was recently voted “Most Promising
New Technology”, in the 2005 EE Times’ Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Award.
• One of the four member founding team that wrote the original business plan and resulted in funding.
• Grew the company to 100 people in 4 years, personally built 3 engineering and process teams.
• Delivered first product 6 months from initial funding.
• Coauthored 5 issued patents with over 20 in process. Member of IP committee.
• Spearheaded the invention and development of a new large area imprint tool.
• Made the presentation that won the Nanotech Ventures — Early Stage Companies competition at Nanotech 2005
• Responsibilities included customer technical interactions, applications development, product marketing, system and
1998-2002 Seriate Solutions Inc., President
Independent consultant in semiconductor processing, specializing in technology forecasting, market analysis, requirements
definition, design specification, project management, statistical data analysis, and expert witness in intellectual property
Expert Witness in 6 patent litigation suits.
Involved in business development and technology evaluation for :
• Cymer, an excimer laser company.
• Nline, a wafer inspection company.
• Global Factory, an Internet e- collaboration company.
• Key Assetts, a used semiconductor equipment web site.
• Internet Controls, a company developing “smart” Internet server technology.
• Molecular Imprints, an advanced lithography company.
1994-1997 Pixel Systems Inc. President and CEO
Founder of a start up company in flat panel display inspection, developed business plan and market strategy. Generated $1M
in contracts, system sales and patent revenue. Won a United States Display Consortium competition for flat panel inspection
equipment worth $2M in matching funds. Two Patents issued for the inspection system, one patent issued for a vertical prober.
1990 -1994 Electroglas Inc. Director of Engineering
Responsible for planning and directing overall engineering activities relating to the creation, and design of new products
together with engineering support functions. Reported to the President and C.O.O. The engineering group consists of 89
people with budget of $9.5M. Member of management team that took Electroglas public in a IPO worth over $200M in 1993.
Electroglas is the world's #2 manufacturer of wafer probers used in the final test of integrated circuits. Additionally responsible
for new business assessments for probe cards and electron beam testers. Includes machine vision.
1988-1990 Semiconductor Systems, Director of Marketing
Responsible for directing marketing functions including product line marketing, quote evaluation, strategic marketing, and
communications. Reported to the President. Semiconductor Systems manufactures automated photolithography coat and
develop systems used in mask making and semiconductor fabrication. Additionally responsible for new business evaluations
for new process control products.
1984 - 1988 AZ Photoresist Products, Manager of Western Region Applications
1979 - 1984 Hewlett Packard Labs., Scientist / Member of Technical Staff
Postdoctoral research, 1979, Univ. of Massachusetts - Dept. Polymer Materials Science, specializing in ultra high modulus
Ph.D. degree, 1977, Univ. of Manchester, England, "Broadening of Mechanical Damping Peaks in Multiblock Polymers"
B.Sc. degree in Polymer Science & Technology (Chemistry), First class honors, 1974, Univ. of Manchester, England,